...Sweet land of liiiiiiberty, of thee I siiiiiiiiiiing...
(I used to love when we had to sing that song in elementary school every morning haha!)
Today has been a chill day and I really don't have anything new to report on...I just wanted to say to all of my family and friends back Stateside, happy 235th birthday USA! This is the first time I've ever been away from the country on this day and it hasn't been to bad. A couple of people have actually wished me a happy day of independence! It's pretty neat!
I'm sad I won't be with my crazy ridiculous family when they cookout today, but I know that they will have enough fun for me and eat enough for me back home!
Even though we are celebrating our country's "independence" from the British crown, we still have a loooooong way to go. America, we've come a long way, but we still have much work to do to get our collective house in order. We can do it!! Until my next adventure (which is tomorrow when I go to Madaba),
Salaam,
jMed
(I used to love when we had to sing that song in elementary school every morning haha!)
Today has been a chill day and I really don't have anything new to report on...I just wanted to say to all of my family and friends back Stateside, happy 235th birthday USA! This is the first time I've ever been away from the country on this day and it hasn't been to bad. A couple of people have actually wished me a happy day of independence! It's pretty neat!
I'm sad I won't be with my crazy ridiculous family when they cookout today, but I know that they will have enough fun for me and eat enough for me back home!
Even though we are celebrating our country's "independence" from the British crown, we still have a loooooong way to go. America, we've come a long way, but we still have much work to do to get our collective house in order. We can do it!! Until my next adventure (which is tomorrow when I go to Madaba),
Salaam,
jMed
No comments:
Post a Comment