I haven't updated in a while...Sorry friends!
I was just sitting here thinking and realized that this experience is halfway over. I have a mere five and a half weeks left here in Amman and I'm really wondering where the time has gone! In planning this trip I thought that 10 weeks would be a loooooong time (and sometimes it still feels like a long time) but I had no idea of how that time would go by so quickly.
I am so thankful for this experience, whether I'm frustrated or upset or whatever. This is a blessing for me. I know that already I have grown so much from being somewhere so different. And it hasn't been something I've done all by myself, either. Not gonna lie, this trip has been HARD for me. Hard because it is my first time away from the States and my family and friends, hard because communicating like I'm used to is nowhere near easy (although I have become quite good at charades) and hard because of the few cultural differences that have left me frustrated at times. Although there have been times when I dreaded being here (yep, it's happened), I always seem to come back and think, you know, this is part of becoming who you want and probably need to be.
I don't really have a whole lot to say, I just wanted to stop midway and say thank you. Thank you to everyone who has been my support. Thank you to those who thought that I would not do so well because I'm away from my mom. Thank you to the angels I have met here in Amman. I am forever grateful for everything you all have done. Don't leave me just yet, however--I still have another five weeks and I am going to shamelessly ask you for continued support ;)
So until my next Amman adventure, salaam,
jMed
P.S. I know some of you may be wondering "jMed, where are the pictures?" (coughSororMichellecough)...A couple of my friends from Rhodes are coming in July so we're planning to go around to some of Jordan's most beautiful places together...Pictures will come then. Promise!
P.P.S. Shoutout to my good friend, Ian on today, his birthday!! Hope you had a great day, Brother! And I must acknowledge my late grandfather Daddy David today on his 84th birthday. Although he passed nine years before I was born, but I know that he would be proud.
I was just sitting here thinking and realized that this experience is halfway over. I have a mere five and a half weeks left here in Amman and I'm really wondering where the time has gone! In planning this trip I thought that 10 weeks would be a loooooong time (and sometimes it still feels like a long time) but I had no idea of how that time would go by so quickly.
I am so thankful for this experience, whether I'm frustrated or upset or whatever. This is a blessing for me. I know that already I have grown so much from being somewhere so different. And it hasn't been something I've done all by myself, either. Not gonna lie, this trip has been HARD for me. Hard because it is my first time away from the States and my family and friends, hard because communicating like I'm used to is nowhere near easy (although I have become quite good at charades) and hard because of the few cultural differences that have left me frustrated at times. Although there have been times when I dreaded being here (yep, it's happened), I always seem to come back and think, you know, this is part of becoming who you want and probably need to be.
I don't really have a whole lot to say, I just wanted to stop midway and say thank you. Thank you to everyone who has been my support. Thank you to those who thought that I would not do so well because I'm away from my mom. Thank you to the angels I have met here in Amman. I am forever grateful for everything you all have done. Don't leave me just yet, however--I still have another five weeks and I am going to shamelessly ask you for continued support ;)
So until my next Amman adventure, salaam,
jMed
P.S. I know some of you may be wondering "jMed, where are the pictures?" (coughSororMichellecough)...A couple of my friends from Rhodes are coming in July so we're planning to go around to some of Jordan's most beautiful places together...Pictures will come then. Promise!
P.P.S. Shoutout to my good friend, Ian on today, his birthday!! Hope you had a great day, Brother! And I must acknowledge my late grandfather Daddy David today on his 84th birthday. Although he passed nine years before I was born, but I know that he would be proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment