Sunday, June 12, 2011

sunday = monday

I've still got to get adjusted to this whole Sunday through Thursday work week thing.  Ehh, It's fine, plus it makes the weekend feel like it comes around faster HA!  And by the time I adjust to it, it'll be time for me to go home.

My friend Arwa has a birthday today, so I have to wish her a very very happy birthday!  So glad that I have her here to help me adjust and learn about Jordan.  She has been AMAZING!

I was talking to my boss's youngest daughter and she told me that here in JO, birthdays aren't celebrated very much like we do in the States.  It is a  little bit because of the sunnah, or prophetic example.  It is not proper to celebrate the Prophet's birthday, so many, if not all, people have taken on that example for their own lives.  But my boss's daughter says that I should still do something, like go to a restaurant or an "activity."  She's so cute.  She's 11.

Anyway, just my teeny tiny short cultural lesson for the day...Getting back to work now!  Salaam,

jMed

Oh, P.S.  I met another new person today at our office.  Well, the other office that We Love Reading uses (in addition to the one that I primarily work from).  My boss introduced me to the man and he said to me:  "You are welcome.  Welcome to your second country, Jordan."  Gosh, I love the people here!

No comments: