It has been another wonderful day here in Amman!
I stayed in my apartment mostly during the day to get some work done (that I hadn't finished the day before) but then this evening, Arwa and I went out to dinner and the mall, City Mall, the really giant one here!
It was fantastic! Let me tell you, this mall is GINORMOUS! It's got like five or six floors and pretty much all the stores that I like (except the Limited, but it's good that they don't have it because I'd spend lots of money in there haha!) and more that I had not known about. The parking situation is interesting. First of all, the mall is so big that there is parking underground, underneath the mall. Crazyyyyy! We parked under there and got out and into the mall.
Because of some things that happened years ago, in Amman one must go through a security check before entering malls and hotels. I don't mind it at all. There's a metal detector thingamajig and then a lady who looks through purses. So Arwa and I went through that fine (duh, of course). Then, you take like two of those moving escalators up to the actual stores. These escalators were different though because they were flat, like the ones in larger airports that you stand on to move quicker through terminals. The difference here though is that they are elevated. Pretty sure I almost fell like three times when I stepped onto the escalator belts. Typical jMed, huh? Haha!
Anyway, long story short, we went into lots of stores, of course my new favorite Zara (and I did buy a couple of pieces...Luckily I didn't break the bank) and then we had dinner. Here in Amman, Pepsi is king. Not like at home where Coke is more liked (at least that's true in the Medly household). We ate at Sbarro and it was different. I had pasta and I'm pretty sure that there was cinammon in the sauce (shoutout to my bestest ever Stephanie Simon who is part Lebanese...she told me about the cinammon in pasta!). Arwa and I also bought a pair of sunglasses each. We were both pleased with our purchases for the day!
So yes, today was a great day, and Inshallah, there will be many more (read: ALL of them will be great!). I thank Arwa for this. She's been a wonderful; I am so grateful for my Jordanian sister--what a blessing! Alhamdulillah!
Until next time, my dear readers (read: gotta finish up a little work, eeeek!), salaam,
jMed
I stayed in my apartment mostly during the day to get some work done (that I hadn't finished the day before) but then this evening, Arwa and I went out to dinner and the mall, City Mall, the really giant one here!
It was fantastic! Let me tell you, this mall is GINORMOUS! It's got like five or six floors and pretty much all the stores that I like (except the Limited, but it's good that they don't have it because I'd spend lots of money in there haha!) and more that I had not known about. The parking situation is interesting. First of all, the mall is so big that there is parking underground, underneath the mall. Crazyyyyy! We parked under there and got out and into the mall.
Anyway, long story short, we went into lots of stores, of course my new favorite Zara (and I did buy a couple of pieces...Luckily I didn't break the bank) and then we had dinner. Here in Amman, Pepsi is king. Not like at home where Coke is more liked (at least that's true in the Medly household). We ate at Sbarro and it was different. I had pasta and I'm pretty sure that there was cinammon in the sauce (shoutout to my bestest ever Stephanie Simon who is part Lebanese...she told me about the cinammon in pasta!). Arwa and I also bought a pair of sunglasses each. We were both pleased with our purchases for the day!
Until next time, my dear readers (read: gotta finish up a little work, eeeek!), salaam,
jMed
No comments:
Post a Comment