My last sign off said "until my next adventure in Amman..." Didn't expect it to be this soon, buuuuut it was. I was with my boss on the way to a meeting and there was an unusual amount of traffic. This was around about 12:30 or 1:00pm and normally there is no "lunch hour traffic" like there is in Little Rock. We were going to pick up a girl who is working on a project at the same school as my boss' son in the States and we had been in traffic for quite a while. Well, do you remember when I remarked about the scary driving here in Amman? Yea...
POW!! I was minding my own business in the car, talking about whatever to my boss and a water tanker came along the left side of the car and hit us! Everything is fine and there is only minor damage to my boss' car, but it was still a bit shocking. There is damage to the side of the car but the doors still close fine and the side view mirror was broken off (it's still hanging by a few wires or cords or whatever they are) but we are fine.
Another testament to Jordanian hospitality is that when things like this happen, people come from everywhere wanting to help. Like three different people came up to help us. A policeman was driving in the opposite direction and he stopped to help (well, I guess you're probably thinking "Duh he stopped--he was supposed to"...well, perhaps, but I'm not in a position to say necessarily) and called another police officer. I don't think that the other policeman ever came, but the situation was settled pretty quickly. Even the water tanker driver helped us to get to the side of the road so that we could get everything settled.
It was a bit scary, as is driving here in general life, but all is well and we're back on our way. We're back in business. Just thought y'all should know. So until next time (I won't say adventure...I might have something else crazy haha!), salaam,
jMed
POW!! I was minding my own business in the car, talking about whatever to my boss and a water tanker came along the left side of the car and hit us! Everything is fine and there is only minor damage to my boss' car, but it was still a bit shocking. There is damage to the side of the car but the doors still close fine and the side view mirror was broken off (it's still hanging by a few wires or cords or whatever they are) but we are fine.
Another testament to Jordanian hospitality is that when things like this happen, people come from everywhere wanting to help. Like three different people came up to help us. A policeman was driving in the opposite direction and he stopped to help (well, I guess you're probably thinking "Duh he stopped--he was supposed to"...well, perhaps, but I'm not in a position to say necessarily) and called another police officer. I don't think that the other policeman ever came, but the situation was settled pretty quickly. Even the water tanker driver helped us to get to the side of the road so that we could get everything settled.
It was a bit scary, as is driving here in general life, but all is well and we're back on our way. We're back in business. Just thought y'all should know. So until next time (I won't say adventure...I might have something else crazy haha!), salaam,
jMed
No comments:
Post a Comment